- Hazel: He's not that smart
- Augustus: She's right. It's just that really good-looking people are stupid,so I exceed expectations.
- Hazel: Right, it's primarily his hotness.
- Augustus: It can be sort of blinding.
- Hazel: It actually did blind our friends Isaac.
- Augustus: Terrible tragedy, that. But I can't help my own deadly beauty?
- Hazel: You cannot.
- Augustus: It is my burden, this beautiful face.
- Hazel: Not to mention your body.
- Augustus: Seriously, don't even get me started on my hot bod. You don't want to see me naked, Dave. Seeing me naked actually took Hazel Grace's breath away.
“But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.”
"I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you. "